Friday, 7 April 2017

Stamping Outside The Box

I'm playing with Lexi Daly who is up, over at the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge, with this week's tutorial. She's giving us a fabulous lesson in design and she's making us all stamp outside of the box. Literally. :) Lexi is the one who always gets me thinking of all the possibilities - her challenges are fun and pretty open, leaving lots of opportunity to make it your own. This is where I went ...


I started by dry embossing a box on my card front with an MFT double-stitched square die. Then I masked off a smaller square in the middle of that box and stamped PTI's Background Basics: Herringbone set, using two different ink colours. I wasn't going for total precision, just a loosely stamped background.

I then added a plant and pot from the PTI 2015 Petite Pots anniversary set and some flowers and a word die cut from the limited edition One Big Happy set to make a little scene.

Thanks for the really fun challenge, PTI and Lexi! I really liked it.

16 comments:

LauraJane:) said...

Scrumptious Colors, and I like the out-of-the-box design:)

luvpurple said...

This makes ME happy!

Linda said...

I really like your card. It does make one happy to look at it and I'm sure will make the recipient happy as well.

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Awesome card! Lexi is amazing...she is always outside-the-box!
That make her challenges fun...you rocked it well...as always!
💋

artful-notions said...

Love that striking box behind that darling pot of blooms. and the 'happy' die is so jolly in aqua! Love it all Diana!

~amy~ said...

Lovely, such pretty colors!

linda cencelewski said...

Love, love, love your card, Diana.

Geri said...

Love it! Looks so clean, but with pretty layers and detail!

Marcia HIll said...

LOVE this card Diana...it totally makes me think HAPPY! Your "box" is just perfect for your lovely pot of posies...this card just makes me smile! :0)

Vikki H, southern Oregon said...

You keep cranking out beautiful designs! Your color choices are my favorite part of the card and the happy ties it all up! (thought your box stamping were strips of washi tape)

Cindy H. said...

This is such a sweet little card! Love the embossed frame, the pretty colors and lovely card design.

Joyously Noelle said...

What a happy & lovely 'box' card!

Vicki Finger said...

So perfect in every single way!

Kathy Mc said...

Diana, you nailed this one with your gorgeous color selections. Your petite box of flowers looks awesome on your dry embossed box with the herringbone stamping. Your "happy" really pops and coordinates everything!

Martha said...

OH, Diana, what an absolutely darling card. I love it!

Lindsey said...

This is so cheerful and fun!