Thursday, 26 January 2017

Inspired By All The Little Things



I had decided to play along this week with Inspired By All The Little Things, the first time ever for me, and wouldn't you know I chose a "difficult" one - a white flower!!! But a challenge should be a challenge, and the Design Team came up with inspiring ideas, and so I continued and this is what I finished with ...

Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Vintage Cream card. Stamps/Dies: PTI Spring Woods, One Big Happy. Inks: Altenew Evening Gray, Jet Black; PTI Pale Peony, Fine Linen, Vintage Cream, Autumn Rose, Dark Chocolate, New Leaf; Tim Holtz Distress Inks Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Hickory Smoke.


I did some ink blending in the background to try and capture that beautiful sky in the inspiration photo. I don't think I quite succeeded with the lovely white bloom but I had lots of fun trying. Thanks for that.

9 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful take on this weeks inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inspired By All The Little Things!

Leigh Penner said...

I'm so glad you played along, Diana! Your card is gorgeous!

My Paper Cat said...

A beautiful card, great take on the inspiration. Well done

Nancy said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration. Your cards are always so lovely!

Cindy H. said...

I think you did a great job on capturing the sky, Diana. This is gorgeous! Love it!

Marcie Sharp said...

This is just stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at Inspired By!

Vikki H, southern Oregon said...

OH Diana, I love your design and the soft bkgd setting off your die cuts! I also appreciate your use of older stamp sets (which I have) to create your new cards.

Karen Day said...

Great representation of the photo! Your sponged & spattered background really sets off the flowers beautifully. Glad you joined us this week at Inspired By All The Little Things!

KimCreate said...

You killed this challenge! Your card is gorgeous. I agree it was challenging, I was a little stumped myself. The flower and leaves set on top of the inked background really gives the feel of the inspiration photo. Thanks for joining and come again!