Thursday, 25 February 2016

February 2016 Papertrey Ink Blog Hop




Yup, it's that time again. The 25th of each month means there's a customer blog hop going on over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog. This month's inspiration was a bit of a challenge for me. My immediate thoughts were Zen and how all the objects in the photo (except for the pears) were so very matte, almost chalky really. Because of that, you'll notice that I used a lot of pigment inks on my projects. I looked closer and also saw lovely layers of paper and fabrics. In the end, like always, the biggest inspiration factor was the colours. And I kinda wanted to play with all the new Papertrey goodies that arrived here on Monday too. I came up with a trio of cards ...


First up, a little Papertrey anniversary set goodness ...


Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse; Stamps: PTI Painted Petals, Vintage Linens, Keep It Simple: Get Well; Inks: PTI Pinefeather, Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Dark Chocolate; Fresh Inks Provincial Gray, Sugar, Grapefruit; Dies: PTI Painted Petals, Vintage Linens; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles; Other: Tim Holtz Woodgrain stencil

Here I was influenced by that grey/green herringbone tea towel in the photo and wanted to make some background paper similar to it. Since I don't have my Herringbone background stamp with me here in Florida, I decided to use a Tim Holtz Woodgrain stencil instead. I started with a Spring Moss panel and stenciled with a round ink blender tool, using a Fresh Inks Provincial Gray ink pad. I love how it turned out and made a few panels while I had my supplies out, in several different colours.

For the next card, I used some more of my new PTI stamp sets. I really wanted to mimic all the layers in the photo but, unfortunately, I'm having major issues with the (cheap) paper cutter that I'm using here in Florida.  I couldn't get any good clean cuts (don't look too closely at any of my cards, thank you very much) so I gave up on my idea of random, fun layers and used some basic dies that I have with me instead ...


Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Vintage Cream, Simply Chartreuse; Stamps: PTI Tulip Time, Spring Woods, Petite Pots; Ink: PTI Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Simply Charteuse, Dark Chocolate; Fresh Ink: Sugar, Grapefruit; Dies: PTI Tulip Time, Spring Woods, Mehndi Medallion Impression Plate; Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles; MFT Diagonal Stitched Rectangles

I've already fallen deeply in love with Tulip Time, just like I knew I would. The big surprise is how much I love these branches from Spring Woods! They look like Japanese cherry blossoms to me!  I will probably have to use them on every single card from now on :) I haven't quite worked up to a friendship with any of the birds yet (I have major bird issues after seeing Hitchcock's film as a child), but the sentiments and branches alone are worth the cost of the stamp set. However, I do have "plans" to be brave and use the birds eventually. I'll probably start with the robin because he's so cute and cheerful.

And one more, just for fun. Only the colours played a factor in this one ...



Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Sweet Blush; Stamps: PTI Hippity Hoppity; Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow; Memento Tuxedo Black; Dies: PTI Hippity Hoppity; MFT Sentiment Strips; Other: Copics

Just a quick and cute one to finish things off. I love this little bunny!

55 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness! Your cards are such a treat! Fabulous work, Diana so clean, beautiful with great design.

Birgit said...

All of your cards are stunning!! The tulip card with the blossoms from spring woods is fabulous!

Luvpurple said...

All 3 of your cards are quite lovely, but I must say Tulip Time is my absolute favorite! Love the soft colors. Yes, I will be ordering some of these....but that is not working out for me.....

Keri said...

I love every one of these cards, Diana! You're killin' me with these gorgeous flower cards. I still haven't gotten my release order. :)

lainey said...

Wow, all three cards are absolutely beautiful! Tough choice to pick a favorite, but it would be the tulips.

Marcia HIll said...

Love all 3 of these Diana, but especially partial to the tulip card where you added the branches/flowers...totally in love with that card! And your Easter card is really, really cute too! Great job on all of them!! :0)

Ted said...

I couldn't choose a favorite at gunpoint, Diana! These are all absolutely amazing! :) Beautiful work as always!

victoria h said...

beautiful cards - the tulips and blossom card is my absolute favourite.

Julia Aston said...

3 wonderful designs inspired by the blog hop photo! Both of the layered flower cards are so pretty - and the Easter card is adorable!

Kathryn A said...

Terrific cards!! Absolutely love the tulips with the spring blossoms!! (My parcel has just cleared customs--won't be long, now...) I hope you're having lots of sun-filled days!

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous cards, Diana! I love the tulip card so now I have to order the Spring Woods to go along with my Tulip Time :) You enabler, you!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fantastic cards! I am loving the tulip card a lot.

artful-notions said...

3 beauties! Loving the tulips, and the layering you did, so subtle, but elegant!

LauraJane:) said...

All three, Super! LOVE the tulips:)

Cindy O said...

Beautiful cards! Your gray and green woodgrain stenciling is really nice, almost a marbled effect and such unusual colors (in a good way!) And the Spring Woods blossoms work so well with the tulips.

Patti said...

Wowie!! Spring has sprung on your blog!! : ) I have not been blogging for a while and I have truly missed seeing your delightful creations Diana!! The Tulips laying on the sprig of flowers are perfect! I am anxiously awaiting my order from PTI and now I am going to have to go place ANOTHER one because I didn't think to buy that flower sprig : ) You are a wonderful enabler!!

Have a great day. I will be seeing you in blogland : )

Patti

Nancy said...

OMG! Gorgeous, gorgeous designs!

Joyously Noelle said...

What a lovely set set of cards! I love the two flowers together!

Jacquie Southas said...

Oh my, what beautiful cards! The flower pairing on the second card is genius and I love the staggered sentiment banners of the last card!

Marybeth said...

You outdid yourself! I have to agree that tulip stamp is maybe my new all-time favorite , you can’t go wrong! As soon as I finish commenting I am going to play with my new goodies. ( so maybe never)
Love all your beautiful spring and pink cards Diana! Congrats for your shout out by Nichole on Instagram!

PiecesbyEmily said...

WOW, I love all three cards... Gorgeous!

Kelly said...

i think perhaps i shouldn't have hopped here…now i may need tulip time and spring woods on top of my already gigantic order(s) coming already. i love them all but especially the second. it is completely lovely.

Rema said...

Beautiful array of cards Diana!

Helen F. said...

Three FABULOUS cards, Diana! I really love those beautiful Tulips and the sweet little sprigs from the Spring Woods set, both of which I am anxiously waiting for~on the East Coast of FL!!

Karen said...

The flowers from Spring Woods are just perfect with the tulips! Love that card!

Cammie said...

Diana, you certainly have brightened my cold bleak day here in east Tennessee with these spring beauties. I love how you incorporated the tea towel with the wood grain panel-just one of the wonderful details in your cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kara said...

beautiful cards!!

Emily Midgett said...

Diana! DIANA! These are so gorgeous!!! I particularly adore that tulip card... Those flower sprigs from the new bird set look fabulous with the tulips! Love them all!

Joyce Casaldi said...

Diana, you got these in Canada and made how many projects?! You are my hero! They are gorgeous!

Betty Wright said...

OH, MY WORD! These are absolutely stunning! Beautiful creations with fabulous detailing! Lovely cards!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous trio - all so different and creative!

Tonya Jastad said...

These are all awesome!

Joy2Scrapbook said...

What beautiful cards! Lovely inspiration!

Judi G said...

Beautiful cards Diana! I love how you used the woodgrain stencil with your first card!

Megan Carroll said...

Your cards are gorgeous Diana! You did fabulous even though I know you said you were challenged by this challenge! Did you know your flower card was used on PTI's Instagram? Also I am surprised to see you got Spring Woods as I know you were not in love with Winter Woods.....looking forward to your next creation!

Gina said...

Diana! I love your cards...and did you know until you pointed it out, I didn't even see that towel!?! Amazingness, friend. I love your work.

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh I always love to see what you do for the hop! I'm never disappointed! These are all just gorgeous! I love how you paired the tulips with the branches! Making a mental note of that :) Beautiful work Diana!!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

The cards are gorgeous! The tulip one is amazing!

Imke said...

Adorable Projects !

My new crafty home: My Crafty Place

Kristii said...

All of your cards are delightful! Each one is a work of art!

I Card Everyone said...

Diana!!! Breathtakingly beautiful! I'm running down to replicate your grey/green wood-grain paper!!
=]

Leigh Penner said...

These are all fabulous, Diana..... but your second card has me regretting not getting the tulips! I love how you paired them with the Spring Woods blooms!

Rosemary said...

outstanding set of cards!! I especially like the second one... beautiful tulips! and yes...! the tulip stamps layer perfectly!! thank you for your lovely comment on my card!

Karen B. said...

Three amazing cards. Each ones so very ingenious!

Ellen C said...

Impressive set of cards; I especially like your tulips with the branches/cherry blossoms! Gorgeous!

Betty Neville said...

Fabulous cards! Your tulip card is especially stunning!

Cindy Boney said...

Your cards are so beautiful! Love the stamping layers and attention to detail!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your cards are so pretty!!!!

Greta said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun with your new goodies! 3 great cards, but I especially love the tulips!

Kathy Mc said...

Oh, Diana, you nailed it with all three cards. You truly are an enabler because now you're making me want Spring Woods to go with my new Tulip Time. You've got your creative juices flowing freely while enjoying FL.

Donna Phelan said...

LOVE your clean, beautiful cards! WOW! Oh and every time I come here I get hungry for waffles....and I don't even like waffles LOL Have a wonderful day! :)

maria f. said...

Have to admit numero tres totally captured my attention. LOVE all that white and have to give that sentiment treatment a try. That is so clever.

Vicki Finger said...

I just love your Happy Birthday Card. I can hardly wait for my Tulips to get here so I can play. I try to do bright colors to please lots of folks but my heart always sings a little at soft pink colors!

Joyce said...

So very sorry it has taken me so long to get over here....I am rewarded with a fantastic card trio. The first two are so beautiful and the 3rd so cute and fun. Gives me inspiration to dig into my new box of PTI goodies and get to work.

Martha said...

OH MY goodness, Diana, what a fabulous set of cards!
Each one is so unique & beautifully designed.
That first one just melts my heart. ♥

I vote for YOU being the next PTI-DT member. :-)