Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Black & White

When I saw this week's Make It Monday assignment (#214: Stamping With Neutrals) over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog, I immediately thought of my favourite neutral of the moment, PTI's Smokey Shadow ink. I virtually use it on every single card I make. It has replaced Versafine Onyx Black as my favourite "black" (you can see on my card that it's not really black, much more brown in it) ink. Dawn McVey is hosting this week and she gave us some fabulous tips! Here is the card that I made ...


I did some watercolouring with Smokey Shadow and Soft Stone inks. This is one instance where I actually preferred the creamier colour of my Canson XL watercolour card over the Tim Holtz Distress card. I like how it turned out, though I wish my ink had been easier to blend. I can't wait to get my Zig Clean Colour Real Brush pens to try something like this.

I'm also linking this up to Virginia's View Challenge #15, where the theme for this month is Ombré/Monochromatic.

Supplies:

Paper - PTI Soft Stone card; Canson XL watercolour card
Stamps - PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes, Swoosh
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone; Versafine Onyx Black

12 comments:

luvpurple said...

Very elegant card!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Of course you did this expertly and BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!
VERY neutral! VERY gorgeous!!!
Susan

Kathryn A said...

Love the subtlety of this!! Absolutely gorgeous!!

Marcia HIll said...

Stunning card Diana! Love how you stuck totally with neutrals for your card...it is just amazing! :0)

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card!

Marybeth said...

Oh, you did good! Love this CAS card!

Tara said...

Your flowers are stunning!

artful-notions said...

Lovely! Those brushstroke blooms look wonderful.

teresa currie said...

Beautiful, classy and elegant card, Diana.

The Paper Toile said...

Oh, l love this! Such an elegant color scheme...I never would have thought to put the two together but wow! So pretty!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cool!

Virginia Lu said...

Congrats on your HM over Virginia's View Challenge! Hope to see your lovely work soon again!